Ensuring a Performant Web for the Next Billion People
It’s important to look beyond the West and see what the rest of the world is doing. How can we help our customers/ organisations ensure their web sites can be seen by the billions of people coming online, and how can we ensure that we don’t get a web for the haves and a web for the have-nots?
- Where will your next customers come from?
- Why do the next billion matter, and where do they come from?
- What devices do they use?
- What challenges do they face? Devices, network etc.
- What is coming in web standards to ameliorate some of these?
- What can browsers do to help – and how do proxy browsers work?
- How can web developers ensure their sites work properly with proxy browsers?
Bruce evangelises open standards for Opera. He co-authored Introducing HTML5, was on the Web Standards Project’s Accessibility Task Force and the W3C Mobile Best Practices Working Group. He blogs at brucelawson.co.uk and tweets at @brucel. He’s mostly famous for his fashion blog http://whats-bruce-wearing-today.tumblr.com/